Washing House - What Time of Year?

OK, I'm bored, so here's the silly question of the day. Maybe I'll be surprised and find out the question actually makes sense...

I was painting some trim on a shaded side of the house today and noticed a bit of dirt and mold on the white vinyl siding. I know there are products that will clean the mold and brighten the siding a bit, so I plan to do that.

Since there's not a lot of heavy thing required while painting trim, my mind started to wander/wonder:

Would it make more sense to wash it before winter or wait until the spring - or does it make no difference at all?

In other words, if more mold grows in the fall than in the spring, I should wait until spring and get this year's growth off also. On the other hand, if more mold grows in the spring, then I should attack it now and give the new growth less to feast on.

Look, I said I was bored!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

It's probably mildew, rather than mold, and it grows all the time. It will surely grow faster at some times of the year. Mildew likes moist, dark, and warm, as I recall.

I would wash it at the time that was most comfortable for me. Oh -- and I would add something that *kills* mildew to the wash process.

Reply to
SteveBell

Just get laundry bleach and a garden sprayer, then wash it all down. Mold eats paint.

Reply to
ransley