Washer Leaking : Cannot locate online FAQ /Repair Guide/Diagram for this Washing Machine?

It was bought at Sears in 2004 and is the brand Whirlpool. It is the 'large capacity' model. It is leaking directly underneath the front of the washer at some point during a cycle, no other leaks at no other place is happening. Other than this leak the washer is working perfectly.

The only reason I am asking for help here is that I cannot locate a specific model diagram or a troubleshooter for this specific model on the Internet or even Whirlpool's home website.

Here are some details of this Washer. Brand Whirlpool "Ultimate Care II" Model #LSQ 9565 MQ0

Underneath the lid is printed "SM 8525146-A" Some numbers printed on the Manual are: 3956025 & 3955869B

Man I sure hope one of you can help...that is help me not buy another expensive washer or some terrible repair bill.

thanks

p.s. Some of these Washers Sears sells are sold as either Sears Model, Whirlpool Model and something called a Kennmore Model if this helps.

Reply to
Always Learning

I would suspect the pump. They are pretty famous for leaking. It is pretty easy to swap out

Reply to
gfretwell

It's usually the pump. Remove the plastic trim pieces on each side of the control panel. Then remove the screw at each corner (under the trim). Pull the control panel forward and then rotate it up 180 degrees. Then you'll see two brass spring clips. Use a large screwdriver and tilt the clip forward and up to pop it off. Once both clips are off, tilt the entire cabinet forward and lift it completely off the washer.

The pump is white plastic and is located under the tub near the front of the washer. It's held in place by two spring clips. The clips may or may not be held in place by screws. Remove the screws and pop the clips. The pump will pull straight out. Put a bucket under it and remove the two hoses, noting which hose goes where.

Then take the pump to the parts store and get a new one.

Reply to
Rick-Meister

Repairclinic.com can help and there may be other sources, too. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Boden