Washing machine leaking

Hi there my washing machine is leaking and I can't see where from. It's coming out of the front but it only leaks when it's rinsing. When it fills up it's ok. This happened just after a spring holding the lump of concrete on top of the drum snapped.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be? I don't want to have to pay for a repair if it's something I can fix myself.

Thanks for any replies :-)

Reply to
johnny

lump of concrete, spring, ok, sounds normal happens everyday.

Reply to
m Ransley

Have to have something to hold down those top load machines so they don't become airborne. GE used to use a block of concrete in the bottom of the machine with a cable running up to the top to counterbalance the load. Had a maintenance worker at a large apartment complex remove and throw away the concrete blocks because he assumed they were there just for shipping.

Reply to
Tom

Hi,

Make, model#, approx age???

model# helps.

A fairly quick way to narrow help down where to look for a leak, place a sheet of cardboard under the washer ( it should be almost as big as the washer ) and run a short cycle. When the washer is finished, look for the wet spot on the cardboard, this will help point you in what direction to look for where the leak is coming from...front...back...right side...left side.

Still working fine?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Hey there thanks for replying. I don't have a sheet of cardboard that big but I did see it by looking underneath and it's coming from the front under the box where the powder goes in but I know it's not the poweder box leaking as it only leaks when the water is emptying. The machine workd fine still even without one of the pair of springs holding the concrete on. I don't seem to be able to take off the sides so I can have a look at the front of the machine when it's in cycle.

Reply to
johnny

Hi,

Can you post the make, model#?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

... that is the only way anyone here is going to be able to tell what machine you have, how it is designed and what components on it might be susceptible to your symptoms.

You can find tips for locating the model and serial number tag *on your appliances* in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to