volute replacement on polaris PB-4 booster pump.

My booster pump is spraying when only the pool pump is on and spraying like a fountain when the booster pump itself is on. The problem is a hairline crack at the bottom of the volute that extends around about 35% of it.
Now the solution is to replace the volute. A $38 part on here. That is plumbed in at the top and at the center to the rest of my pool equipment.
The question is: can I replace this myself. And if so how might I go about it. Both removal and replacement.
Thanks in advance for any advice. I am something of a pluming rookie but I replace the seals in this pump successfully. Thanks, David

Sure, if you've managed to replace the seals, you should be capable of disassembling what you need to replace this part of the housing. The Polaris Web site has downloadable documentation including exploded parts diagrams.
No I replacing the seals has nothing to do with the pump supply or pump discharge plumbing connections. I can take this pump apart in about 5 minutes. But these too connections involve plumbing connections and I am not sure what to do with them.
Any ideas on these two connections?
Richard J Kinch wrote:

I'd have to see pictures to be sure but if your problem is like I had the only way to do it was to cut the pipes. I thought about it a while and figured out where I could cut them so that I could reconnect them with removable fittings. If you want I can send you a photo of what I did.
On 19 Nov 2006 18:26:55 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Ashton: if you email snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com I iwll send you a picture of my pump connections.
Thanks, David