vinyl kitchen tiles - corners peeling up

We have our kitchen and entry way covered with 12" vinyl tiles. I've just started to notice some of the tiles are starting to curl up at the corners....just slightly - I can't really peel them back, but they are slightly above level. Any ideas on how to address this ??? A nice needle syringe with super glue might work :)

Reply to
Phil Schuman

Greetings,

Are 2 of them peeling or are many of them? I have seen new tiles as low as $0.19 and if all of them are peeling I wouldn't bother to fix them.

As far as glue is concerned I always reach down and pull the tile way back and then squirt in liquid nails and spread it around. You might be able to losen the glue with a little heat. BE CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THE TILES. Also be sure to spread glue thin and evenly all the way to the edge of the tile.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans

Just a few tiles - here and there - We have 2 boxes of extra tiles in the basement, but that would be the extreme solution. Yeah - maybe a little liquid nails under the 4 adjoining corners. It's just the corner - lifted about the thickness of a tile, and the rest of the tile appears to be ok, but I'll try a little putty knife and peek.

Phil -

Reply to
Phil Schuman

What kind of Liquid Nails did you use? I used LN Clear Small Projects and Repair adhesive, but it did hold down the vinyl seam. I have a seam in the kitchen and the seam is between 2 large vinyl sheets. After applying the LN, I rolled the excess LN out, put wax paper down, placed a book over the was paper, and then stacked a heavy object for 24 hrs. In the end, the seams lifted.

William Deans wrote:

Reply to
Harlen Ng

Greetings,

My best guess is that your liquid nails did not have sufficient "ventilation" to dry. a) This could have been because it was too thick ("rolled the excess out"). b) This could have been because whatever is below your large vinyl sheets isn't permeable.

I used Liquid Nails FRP to adhere to luan. I do not know if it is the best product for the job. I only know that it worked for me. I

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans