Vinyl House Siding

Page 2 of 2

You'll bet the crap out of it withthe dust cming off the cement. The plastic guard will be abraded, the housing will get pitted easily.

I live in a "plastic" house. It cleans well, relatively few problems. There were a few place where the vinyl buckled probably due to not nailing in the slots to allow for expansion/contraction. Vinyl will fade over time. It's better than wood, but I'd rather have brick.

Brick is the worse veneer material of all. Most masons do a lousy job and if not flashed properly brick will be nothing but problems. Plus most use the cheapest ties, wrong nails, and don't anchor the brick to the studs. Forget brick.

He didn't say veneer. Not cheap, but you can build a wall from brick. That would be my first choice if $$ were not a consideration. In some areas of the country, brick was the most common type of house built. Every house I lived in in Philly was brick. I work in an old mill building that was built from brick about 1930. There is some beautiful work and artistry in it.
Today, I'd build a house from concrete using ICF's. (Insulating Concrete Forms) Rugged, energy efficient, quiet, and can be finished in many ways. www.integraspec.com or www.polysteel.com
Thanks.
I had a brick home, and it had a bleeding problem. It had a whiteish substance on it, in some places. Never could get it out.
Corinne
Art wrote:

Must be an awfully small house not to have any pieces that overlap......
;-]
Yes, it is 1,530 sq. ft.
Corinne
Dr. Hardcrab wrote:

ewwwww, plastic house siding looks cheap/crap.