Ventless gas cans

It's been a long time since I've bought a gas can. I need some new ones and all I could easily find are vent-less. Do these pour and seal well? I need cans to store generator gasoline for up to six months; so I need something that seals well. Will they work in this application?

Reply to
Vic Dura

The ventless can I have seals very well, but pours rather poorly (pardon the pun). As long as the can is full to minimize condensation you should have no problem storing gasoline for 6 months.

Reply to
Dennis Turner

So? Buy one and poke an air hole in it.

Reply to
shrubkiller

You need to look somewhere else other than Walmart and the big box stores.

They work OK. Not as well as conventional cans but OK. They seal as well as any other gas can.

John

Reply to
Neon John

I have a 2 gal ventless can. I hate it. I fill it, when the temps rise outside the gas is forced up the spout (stored inside the can), and spills over the top of the can. Just driving home from the gas station I get gas all over my trunk. It has spilled over killing a spot on my lawn too. I have found that I can not put the spout in the can after filling. and have to leave the spout sticking out of the can. The can will not seal without the spout inserted. that is the part that forms the "gasket". Besides this, it does not pour very well. The old cans with vents worked fine for many years, but there is always someone that has to screw up what already works in the name of progress. Ventless cans are junk !

Reply to
anoldfart

You might take a look here:

It might not hurt to put some StaBil in your gas for long term storage. That stuff works as advertised.

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This would allow gas fumes to escape and collect in whatever storage area the can was in. That's bad, you get on the news that way. Properly vented cans have sealable vents to keep closed when you're not actually pouring.

Chip C

Reply to
Chip C

The one my wife bought me (after she gave away my perfectly good 'regular' plastic can to a stranger who claimed to be stranded) leaks, and I have to apply so much pressure to open the valve that I'm always worried I'll damage the plastic gas tank I'm filling.

Just get a standard plastic can. It's not that hard to open the caps

JustDave.

Reply to
JustDave

I bought a Flo N Go nozzle and ventless can together and this combination works great, no spills and easy to use.

Reply to
Alan

So? Get your chainsaw out and whittle a stick to poke in the hole when you aren't pouring gas.

Reply to
banmilk

Thanks to Dennis Turner, Neon John, AnOldFart, JustDave, Chip C and Alan for the comments.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Uhm, "Don't fill it all the way up"?

Reply to