Ventilation for Water Well

Page 2 of 2
Well -- a couple of you did answer the question.....and the comment about the vent pipe only being a fraction of an inch makes a lot of sense, so I think I am good to go with the mock rock and the drilled holes. I'm screening the holes to keep out the wasps/yellowjackets in the summer.
Don't know anything about the actual codes, I do know all the wells I've seen around here that have been drilled in the last decade or so all look like that one in the picture link I posted. The picture is taken from the opposite side of the casing, but you can see the white PVC water pipe and the gray electric conduit exiting the top of the casing and going underground.
Can't see the vent too well on the photo, but I can barely make it out.
Anyway, we seldom get below freezing here (it does happen though), which is why I wanted to insulate the pipes.
And, yes you do see some creative covers for the casing/pipes. Mock dog houses, mock "crank-up the bucket" wells, Mock gnome houses, etc. I considered those, but the rock has three eight-inch spikes and I will "set it" in the dirt, so while it will be relatively stable, it will be easy to remove and provide wide open working space if it is needed.
Thanks for the help.

You don't need to worry about venting the well. It is not like a tank where air must get in so water can get out. Water comes into the well from the groundwater acquier. This replaces the water pumped out and it is not necessary for any air to vent. When the pump starts the water level in the well will get drawn down and if air can't get in there may be a negative pressure for a few minutes which actually helps because the reduced pressure in the well helps draw more water from the ground.
I have two wells for geothermal heating and I have fake boulders on each of them. My boulders come from a concrete brick supplier and are made from concrete with rock powder mixed in for color. The walls of the boulders are about an inch thick and they are natural rough shapes about 30' x 24" x 18"high. They are pretty heavy - I can lift one end and rotate it myself to access the well but I can't pick it up and carry it. The fake boulder is as tough as very hard concrete and can stand a lot of abuse with no noticeable marks.
I have a retaining wall about 18" high making a raised circular ornamental area about 8' in diameter. I have a 4" thick layer of clean round stone around the well and sit the boulder on top of the stones and rake a few stones up around the boulder so you can't see the straight line bottom. If you sat your boulder on similar clean round stone then you would get plenty of air movement for venting if you are worried about that. I am in Winnipeg where we get at least 5 months of way below freezing temperatures and I have never had any freezing or even much frosting under the boulder. I am using pitless adaptors with the water lines well below the frost line.
The setup in the picture with the water line coming out the top of the well would freeze solid around here the first time the pump stopped for an hour.

your better off vented if radon gas is a issue in your area