using gasoline as a substate

Also found at Dollar Tree. Not CVS brand, of course.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I stand corrected. I don't often shop for nail polish remover at CVS. I do see:

Cons

- Dries out cuticles and skin surrounding the nail. Your skin sort of gets a chalky look to them, but it goes away if you moisturize.

which is why many of the removers have oils in them. Bittering agent? Someone is going to try to drink acetone? Or is that to screw up the meth cooks somehow?

Reply to
rbowman

Where were you 50 yrs ago when I did this? 8^)

Reply to
bob_villain

Most of the casting resin I've used was epoxy...

Reply to
rbowman

Most of what I've used has been Polyester.

Reply to
clare

All three, polyester, polyurethane, and epoxy, have their strengths. Epoxy typically shrinks less. It also is less hazardous to work with although the amines can sensitize some people. Polyester is cheaper if you don't need the electrical, mechanical, or chemical resistant properties of epoxy. It also handles UV better.

Reply to
rbowman

+1

Also a simple googling for thinning epoxy will come up with several alternatives, I think for example lacquer thinner was one too. But for a quart that $8 price is probably as good as it gets with any of them. And IDK why you would need more than a small amount anyway. Epoxy can only be thinned slightly, by adding a small amount. As you thin it, the strength goes down substantially, so it's for apps where you need a filler, but not high strength. You don't have to add very much before it becomes a goo that will never cure properly.

Reply to
trader_4

Robert Green posted for all of us...

I think you could make a TV show out of this like Breaking Bad. Name name it ISISLBOMBA.

Reply to
Tekkie®