using gasoline as a substate

Page 2 of 2
On 04/24/2016 03:40 PM, Retired wrote:

I stand corrected. I don't often shop for nail polish remover at CVS. I do see:
Cons - Dries out cuticles and skin surrounding the nail. Your skin sort of gets a chalky look to them, but it goes away if you moisturize.
http://www.luuux.com/viz/review-cvs-pure-acetone-nail-polish-remover
which is why many of the removers have oils in them. Bittering agent? Someone is going to try to drink acetone? Or is that to screw up the meth cooks somehow?
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 3:59:39 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

+1
Also a simple googling for thinning epoxy will come up with several alternatives, I think for example lacquer thinner was one too. But for a quart that $8 price is probably as good as it gets with any of them. And IDK why you would need more than a small amount anyway. Epoxy can only be thinned slightly, by adding a small amount. As you thin it, the strength goes down substantially, so it's for apps where you need a filler, but not high strength. You don't have to add very much before it becomes a goo that will never cure properly.
On 4/24/2016 1:45 PM, Retired wrote:

Also found at Dollar Tree. Not CVS brand, of course.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Sunday, April 24, 2016 at 11:23:36 AM UTC-5, Deodiaus wrote:

Someone said that gasoline leaves a petroleoum residue.
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 11:05:02 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus

Gasoline has "oils" in it - which will definitely cause a problem with epoxy. DON'T use it!!!!
On 4/24/2016 12:23 PM, Deodiaus wrote:

Buy a quart of acetone. I'd use what I'm sure will work rather than take the risk and have a job turn out bad. Gas is likely to leave some residue also.
But hey, you know your pain tolerance if things go wrong to save a few bucks.

Unless he's thinning a LOT of epoxy, it's only cents he's saving - not dollars.
And remember - the bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price has dissapeared.
On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 09:23:31 -0700 (PDT), Deodiaus

By your logic, why not use saw-dust. It burns , like acetone or gasoline.
Or use water - it's a very good solvent, like Acetone.
If you don't wasnt a goey mess or a failed joint, use what is recommended. You only need an ounce or two.