Uses for Vaseline in the Home

Vaseline works well for lubricating faucet stems and hinge pins. What other uses are there in the home or car?
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 20, 6:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

I keep a liberal supply on had for anytime I have to deal with any government agency.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 20, 7:48 pm, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

Grease light bulbs to keep them from sticking in the socket. Only takes a little. While petroleum jelly works I use DC4 dielectric grease. Jimmie
Add pictures here
✖
JIMMIE wrote:

I just rub the bulb base against both sides of my nose.
http://www.tdpri.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-182322.html
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

i put it on the bedroom door knob to keep the kids out when i'm banging the wife
Add pictures here
✖

After 60, it helps in the banging process.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 20, 9:48 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Wait, wait, I don't put it on the door knob, that was the other guy. Hell, the kids have been gone for years so we can do it anywhere anytime we can get the energy.
I am as good once as I ever once was.
Add pictures here
✖
BobR wrote:

And it now takes you all night to do what you once did all night.
Add pictures here
✖

...but never longer than four hours.
Add pictures here
✖

No, it's like beaver teeth; you have to keep it worn down or it'll kill you.
Add pictures here
✖

I absolutely *hate* beavers with teeth.
Add pictures here
✖
BobR wrote the following:

I ain't as good as I once was, But I'm as good once as I ever was'.
(Toby Keith. "As Good As I Once Was")
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

..
Wasn't from Toby Keith. From one of two signs on the wall of fishing cabin of an old man that I knew almost 60 years ago.
One sign read: I'm as good once as I ever once was. The other read: When I was young all my joints were limber...except one. Now I am old and all my joints are stiff...except one.
I was far too young to know exactly what they ment at the time but have remembered them all these years and now clearly know exactly what they ment.
Spent many hours wading the Brazos river with that old man, then one day he was gone and I never knew what happened to him.
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 20, 6:55 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Lots of medical uses. One my doctor told me. I have a recurring problem of calicus on my feet cracking and sore. Rather than prescribe ointments he said just put vaseling on on them. Works like a charm and fast. Lots cheaper than a tube of stuff from the pharmacy.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 21:55:14 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

What the heck is a "button lamp"?
Add pictures here
✖
On 11/21/2011 3:27 AM, snipped-for-privacy@home.com wrote:

I have and old 2 button lamp. One button to turn it on and one to turn it off.
Add pictures here
✖

I keep a small tube in my toolbox. When you open a cartridge of caulk or sealant etc. put a dab in the end of the open spout and it makes a good air tight waterproof seal that will keep the contents from drying out or hardening. Of course some of those cartridges will go bad anyway You still have to check use-by dates.
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖