Use of PEX tubing

PEX tubing looks like the perfect tubing to run a hot water loop to a distant bathroom. I see some very expensive tool to crimp the tubing, using a crimp collar, to the barb. Is there any other way to do this? That is, without buying $100+ is special tools. Will clamps work? Are there any compression fitting that can be used on PEX. Thanks.
PEX can be joined with the PEX barbed fittings AND metal rings SS or copper) & a crimper OR wiith PEX doubler rings & an expander tool.
The expander takes advantage of the shape memory of PEX, the ring & crimper you're just squeezing the PEX down over the fitting.
I getting ready to do a repipe, I just bought an expander on Ebay. I haven't got my who repipe system thought out but I guessing that the cimp & expnader methods use different diameter fittings.
The expander & crimpers can be had on Ebay.
I installed under floor heating with PEX tubing. It's great for loop however it does have temperature limits. I believe it's somewhere around 160-180 deg. www.Radiantfloor.com has lots of info. Yes you can use compression fittings. That's how I connected loops to manifold.

It's also possible to buy the crimpers cheaper on Ebay.

I only need 2 fittings, that's it. I will only be running a 30 - 40 foot run from the farthest bath back to the basement where the water heater lives. I will us a small pump to recirculate. I plan on controlling the pump with an IR sensor in each upstairs bath. Are these compression fittings standard PEX things or something you found to fit?
Beeper wrote:

Art-
I'm not PEX expert but I've done a lot of reading about it. I getting close to doing a repipe in my own house. Several guys I know really like it & have suggested that I give up on my "old school" love of copper.
this site has the crimp tools & fittings http://www.pexconnection.com/categories.php?catID=1
this site has both type of tools
http://www.pexsupply.com /
Wirsbo is the leading mfr of this type of tubing, they also make a screw together type of fitting (appears to have some sort of internal compression ring)
If you're only doing a few connections that's probably the way to go.
cheers Bob
Some suppliers of the tubing and fittings will rent the crimpers very reasonably. Also check the tool rental places. Don Young

Art Todesco wrote:

The simplest solution is to get your plumbing runs cut and already to put together and then rent a tool for half a day. HD and any plumbing shop have the crimp rings, something like $6.00 a box of 15. The tool will rent for about $15.00. Ask me how I know? Well, my kid asked me to help seal up the bottom of a trailer after a leak and the first thing I did was put a staple into a pex tubing, so I had to repair it.