uniform cedar shingles: uncommon?

Continuing my cedar shingle saga:
We haven't been able to interest any contractors who specialize in cedar in returning our calls, so by neccessity, we're going it alone in replacing parts of the siding on our 1924 bungalow in order to get homeowner's insurance.
Here's the rub:
We originally ordered a few boxes, but they were the wrong size, because the lumber place assumed we had varied width shingles. No, we have uniform width shingles, and since we're replacing them only here and there, we can't use the varied width ones (without cutting 3/4 of them to the proper size, which is doable but not ideal).
No one local (Baltimore) carries uniform width cedar shingles of any type, and we've found we must order them from British Columbia.
Is this common? Are there really no uniform width cedar shingles on the east coast?
Thanks, Cate
Learn to use Google. Here's the first one I found: http://www.whitecedarshingles.com /

Thanks, but... I didn't ask if they exist. I asked if they are uncommon on the east coast.
I was hoping to get feedback from experienced folks on the east coast, not a url for a cedar shingle distributor in Michigan.
Cate
"Cate" wrote in message

It's up to you to make the calls, being a homeowner you probably won't have access to wholesalers that deal in specialty products. No one is going to make the calls for you, it's up to you to get off your butt and get ahold of a reliable source. The distributor will ship anywhere your supplier wishes, note links on the page for trucking. Newsflash: Not every coast manufacturers every product, that's why they have trucking companies. You ungrateful putz!