Unclogging a blocked sink overflow???

Anyone here have any recommendations on how to unblock a sink overflow? The drain is fine but the overflow is blocked. I'm not even sure how it get blocked to begin with. This is a new construction so maybe it was blocked to begin with and I just never noticed until I started filling my sink?
Anyone help is appreciated. Thanks.

Coat hanger

Tried the coat hanger without success. Just couldn't snake it through cleanly.

What about removing the trap and going at it from the drain side? Or have you done that too. Of all the tasks in the home I hate the most - dusting is the one. But plumbing certainly is right up there on the top of that list.
sixstring snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Hi, Sink over flow is illegal in my area for obvious reason.
sixstring snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Try one of these: http://www.zipitclean.com /
--
Grandpa

Looks interesting. I'll check it out.
On May 5, 3:46�am, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

sink may have been manufactured poorly, with internal blockage.
might try compressed air
On May 4, 9:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

I would remove the pop up strainer/plug like I was unclogging a normal hairball and try a shop vac on both the drain and the overflow to suck out any debris, but if this new sink never worked the overflow passage may have never been open (defective) Or the wrong type of tailpiece was used and there is no way for the water to reach the drain.
Thanks to all for the help. I was able to fix the problem myself. I removed the stopper piece and used my pinky to poke around the hole for the overflow drainage and I guess I dislodged something. Water is flowing nicely and no more worries about an overflowing sink.