Belfast sink overflow blocked

Please can someone help me with this problem? I've tried soda crystals to dissolve the blockage, all the usual plungers etc in the plughole, and a thin strip of flexible metal 3/8 " wide which goes down the overflow to the bottom, but just keeps hitting the bottom without any feel to where the entrance to the wastepipe is. Any replies gratefully received.

Reply to
Phil McCavity

What's it blocked with ? If it's fatty, try caustic soda. If it's non-fatty, try conc. sulphuric acid. Don't mix them !

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Where can I get conc sulphuric from? (a car battery?)

Reply to
Phil McCavity

No, that's pretty dilute. Just look for drain cleaner, but check the warnings and look for an acid one. Try somewhere (like Pattersons in Bristol) that supplies a lot of commercial cleaners or hotels.

You can get 96% sulphuric drain cleaner from "Thaumaturgy Ltd.", which is a lovely name for the company.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Andy Dingley" wrote | You can get 96% sulphuric drain cleaner from "Thaumaturgy Ltd.", | which is a lovely name for the company.

I think I'll use Thaumaturgy the next time I need a diplomatic illness for something

Owain

Reply to
Owain