Trying to find old sears garage opener remote 132A1812

My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on this planet there is another remote # 132A1812. The model unit number 139.653000 works perfect, I just need another remote # 132A1812. Thanks in advance for any help.
G,
It could be the remote or it could be the receiver which is part of the switch mounted in your garage. Sears sells the receiver. Any hardware store will sell a universal remote. YouTube has videos which show how to program your system
Dave M.
On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:44:02 PM UTC-4, Mr. G wrote:

I assume you looked on Ebay? Checked Sears parts online? As others have said, I think you can buy universal ones that have two parts. One is the remote, the other the receiver that gets hooked up to the wires that go to the manual button, so it will work with any opener.
On 5/7/2014 9:39 AM, trader_4 wrote:

Try adjusting the frequency. Usually a hole in the case for said adjustment. I've adjusted my neighbor's several times. Finally, took it apart. The powdered iron tuning slug was held into the coil by some foam that had deteriorated over the years and it was flopping around. Shimmed it with a rubber band and it stays put now.
Just tweak it till it opens, back away, tweak again...repeat for max distance.
On 5/6/2014 6:44 PM, Mr. G wrote:

You need to buy the conversion kit unless you can find someone with a used remote. <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>. You might also find a universal learning remote. I was surprised that the system in our Toyota learned the code of a very old Sears opener that was in the house we bought. But I did notice that the model you have could not be programmed by some vehicles.

Mr. G-
I wonder if you may be looking for the wrong part number?
A PDF manual for the 139.653000 is available at Sears Parts Direct. The remote (Transmitter) part number appears to be 6545 or 139.6545. The manual says, "ORDER BY CODE LETTER", which might be a letter marked on your old remote.
Most of the repair parts for that model are no longer available at Sears Parts Direct. One of the universal remotes may be your only option.
As someone else mentioned, your problem might be with the receiver rather than the remote.
Fred
On Wed, 7 May 2014 09:39:50 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

I found a universal remote the other day that will run almost any GDO. It covers the 390mz 9 switch, 12 switch and also the Intellicode units without any switches.
375LM Liftmaster Chamberlain Universal Remote
Mr. G wrote:

Hi, Can you tell who is the original maker of your opener? Then find ing replacement will be easy.

That is a good idea. Sears uses the first digits of their model number to indicate their source. In this case, the source number is 139. According to <http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx , 139 is Chamberlain (garage goor openers).
Fred
On 5/6/2014 9:44 PM, Mr. G wrote:

Had a similar problem but never could locate a remote for the existing equipment. If you have no luck, Google 'SkyLink'. They sell universal receivers and remotes at reasonable prices. Just wire the receiver to the opener motor's circuit board. The instructions to do so are included in their kits, its really easy, just connect a couple of wires and set some pins for the receiver and remote to communicate with each other. The remotes are tiny little things (small enough to put on a key chain) with a common replaceable battery.
John