Troy Bilt pressure washer pump oil - What type to use ?

Lowes sells two types of pressure washers, John Deere and Troy-Bilt. John Deere is very specific about what type of pump oil to use. they use a 75W-90 synthetic in their high end pump, and a hydraulic oil in their lower model. Two extremely different types of oil.

Briggs and Stratton sells a Pump Oil at Lowes without identifiers on it. A call to Briggs said that it was 75W-90 synthetic oil.

A call to Trot Bilt yielded nothing. The CSR thought that Briggs made the pump, LOL. They did not know what type of oil to put in the pump. Sad, but true.

So question is what type of oil to put in the Troy Bilt pump? 30 W non-detergent synthetic ? The Briggs oil 75W-90 synthetic ? Or just a synthetic over the counter 75W-90 synthetic like Royal Purple ?

Reply to
jdzreb

Uh I bought a Troy Built from Lowes on Tuesday used it once put it away used it Friday wouldn't pick up soap. Called Troy and guess what they only lisence there name to someone else to put on that unit. Wasn't covered by Troy Built. Took it back on Saturday for refund bought a Karcher with a Honda motor 2500 PSI and haven't had a bit of problems with it. So my advise is stay away from Lowes and Troy Built as you aren't getting what used to be "Troy Built".

Call the John Deere dealer and pretend you just bought a model and see what you get for response? I bought the Troy Built because there were several places near me that service Troy Built but don't service these as they were just branded Troy Built.

YMMV, Rich

Reply to
Rich

Check out the

I suspect that the difference between the pumps are significant. I bought a Karcher 2500 from Costco and it failed the first time I tried to really use it - kept cutting off with plenty of gas and oil, then finally the cord would not retract at all. Easy return and bought one from Northern Tools, pump seems much better built.

Reply to
gemniii

For my Troy-Bilt, model number 020241 I the Manual says to use # 190585GS premeasured pump oil.

Reply to
sonjardt2

If it is still under warranty, that would be the one to use.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to sonjardt2, Elvisclark wrote: Mine too. Where can you buy the oil? Can other oil be usd?

Reply to
Elvisclark