Trouble restarting Poulan chainsaw

Hello,

I recently bought a reconditioned Poulan chainsaw motor (38cc) and it starts and runs perfectly when cold, but if I turn it off for ten minutes or so (to refuel, or whatever) it's extremely difficult to restart. I've tried the manual's various restart procedures, and various other combinations of choke and primer with no success. After what seems like a hundred pulls it will finally start and run for a couple seconds, and after repeating this twenty times or so, it will stay running tentatively, and after I coax it up to normal temp will then run fine again. Is there some trick to getting these things restarted? Other than this I couldn't be happier with it's performance. Thanks for any help.

Denny

Reply to
Dennis Straussfogel