Tree Sap on Jeans

Any ideas on how to get tree sap of jeans? (hemlock sap)
TIA

I'd try Pine Oil first, then Turpentine or mineral spirits.
Benni wrote:

scissors
lol

I'd try Avon Skin-So-Soft first. I know it sounds crazy, but it actually works really well on this kind of thing. Then wash the jeans to get the SSS out of them.
Jo Ann
Benni wrote:

Pre treat the sap spots with lye based oven cleaner and wash. Benni wrote:

Benni wrote:

Same way you do to get it off of janes, susans etc.
Harry K

Fire?

I'll second the turpentine. Andy
Benni wrote:

Hemlock sap? Isn't hemlock poisonous? If I were you I wouldn't try sucking it out...
Benni wrote:

Mineral spirits or kerosene.
Southern Comfort help me get Bobbi Sue out of her jeans but that was then, this is now.

: :>Any ideas on how to get tree sap of jeans? (hemlock sap):> :>TIA :> : :Mineral spirits or kerosene.
I would think that Turpentine would work fine, if you have it. If you don't have that, I'd definitely try the mineral spirits or kerosene or paint thinner. Then you just wash with soap and water. What I'd do is put a little liquid soap right on the areas where you put the solvents, then wash.

A product called Citrasolve. Works on tar, sap, sticky stuff. It is a petroleum product. You can dilute it or use it straight. Usually you can find it in the cleaning/solvent area of a hardware store.

impression that soap and water takes it off. Or have you tried that already.
Or is hemlock different from pine?
Benni wrote:

The same way you get it off your hands. If you aren't to smart you use lots of soap and hot water, a little smarter and you might use turpentine or paint thinner but then your hands smell awful and your wife says get that awful stink out of the house. Now when you have really figured it out, you remove the bulk mechanically and the use butter or any food oil (I prefer olive oil) followed by soap.
On the jeans, almost anything you use will result in a stain or some damage. Least harmful and most effective will be a food oil followed by regular washing, may result in no stain.

WD40