Trane vs. Rheem

Anyone have any pros or cons about either of these systems they would share? Thanks for any info.

Reply to
lindy

Yea..ones owned by the Japanese, who are in turn owned by a Chinese company, the other is owned by a toilet company, and uses a 30 year old coil and compressor design...

Both are junk...as are ALL units on the market, until they are installed by a competent installer.

The name on the unit means nothing....the installation of the units, meaning, the proper sizing, and the proper ductwork, along with all the little things that go with it, mean all.

Rheem/Ruud units are alright. I love the heat pumps...good money in those when the untis out of warranty. The gas units always seem to need a board.. Trane/American Standard are overpriced old design. God help you when the units out of warranty...you thought the installation cost alot.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

This is Turtle.

I agree with CBHVAC on all are junk but get a professional installer to install your junk correctly and hopefully they will be very good units and run good.

I would say Rheem even being a Japanese company which I don't like too much for Rheem parts are easy to get and Trane are more specialized parts and you have to some time just use their replacement part to fit them. Another point is Rheem has scroll compressors in all their condenser Trane does not have scroll on all their stuff. I like Scroll compressors.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Is there an American made one you would recommend?

Reply to
lindy

This is Turtle.

AMMMMMMMMMM, AMMMMMMMM, AMMMMMMMMMM -- I'm not sure if there is any of them made in the U.S.A. anymore. i will have to see if they have any. Really i will have to check on this and get back to you here.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

them made in the U.S.A. anymore. i will have to see if they

I can scan you the model and serial sheets on the 5 Yorks I picked up for the apartment complex today...they are still made in the USA.....

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

Does the York have the scroll compressor?

Reply to
lindy

Yorks depending on the model, come with a scroll. The new, just introduced Affinity Series, all come with a scroll. Some, use a system called Twin Single..and its as good as a scroll. Scrolls have their own issues, and are not the end of all compressors. I have a scroll in the system I put in my home, but, its a model that came with one, and I wasnt really concerned about it....as a York dealer, I figured if it went bad, it was only a few moments of my time to put in a new one anyway...

I am going to upgrade to an 18SEER Affinity as soon as they are released, simply to have a unit hooked up and running where I can honestly say, I have one on my own home. Amazingly quiet units....so far, the most silent I have seen.

Reply to
*CBHVAC*

This is Turtle.

I did not know that York was Totally made in the U.S.A. . This would be a plus in my little book , but also written in my little book is the phrase of " Get a Scroll compressor ".

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE