Track Lighting

I just bought a low voltage track lighting system the other day, and I'm a little confused.

1) The transformer box has 2 red wires, a black wire, a white wire, and a green wire. The directions say to connect the black and white to the house AC, and the red ones go to the track. However, the directions do not say anything about the green wire. The directions do say though to cap the ground wire from the house power supply as it will not be used. Do I need to connect this green wire somewhere?

2) There is only 1 white and 1 black wire on the transformer, but where I plan on installing it in the house there is a bedroom light fixture that has 2 light bulbs (each with a black and white going to them). So would I install this transformer?

Reply to
BigDaDDY

Hmmm... sounds kinda contradictory. If it were me, I'd probably connect the green to the house ground - green is the standard color for ground wires. However if you really want to be sure, you should probably contact the manufacturer of the track lighting.

Basically you want to wire the transformer the same way the existing fixture is wired. So wherever the whites go (usually a white house wire), connect the transformer white there also. Wherever the black fixture wires go (usually house black but sometimes red), connect the black transformer wires there also. If you're removing the existing fixture, wire the transformer to the same places the fixture white & black *used* to go.

Reply to
EL