toilet installation question....

I have a question . I am installing (or will be) a toilet. Now when they design these things, is the toilet flange pretty well level with the floor ( in other words countersunk)? I made allowances for mine since there will be a roughly 1/4 - 5/8" tile on the floor to make it almost level. I was wondering if it is designed to be above or below the floor level - Obviously I could compensate by either a thicker or thinner toilet seal, but prefer to have it right in the first place. Follow what I am getting at?
Should I tile around the flange to make it level, or should I be tiling UNDER it to raise it up?

I prefer to tile all the way under the toilet AND under the flange on the floor. Usually yoyu can remove the screws that hold the flange down and lift it up enough to get tile under it. If you have tile and backer board and can't get it under the flange they make "extenders" that will raise the flange. Sort of a new flange on top of the original flange. I don;'t like the add a bunch of extra wax to try to seal it solution.

just dont have the flange above level you want the toilet sitting on the floor not the flange, otherwise the weight can damage your pipes, exspeicaly if there pvc not cast iron

You may get conflicting opinions.
The bottom of the toilet flange should be on top of the final finished floor. And that includes the tile.
There are many ways to work around the problem if you are adding tile after the flange is installed. They include using a two wax rings or a flange spacer shim. all of these work and there is no need to make the project bigger than it needs to be.
--
Colbyt