Toilet doesn't stop running

My toilet has been running continuously. The water continues to pour over into the overflow pipe. First, I tried lowering the level of the water in the tank by adjusting the clamp on the Fluidmaster. Then, I thought there might be dirt and debris in the FluidMaster unit itself. I removed the cap and flushed it out with water. I also replaced the rubber washer-type piece that lies in the cap of the Fluidmaster. None of these attempts worked. I also inspected the overflow pipe for cracks, but I couldn't find any. What's the next step? Should I just replace the entire FluidMaster unit?

Reply to
chemqueries

chemqueries wrote: snip

Reply to
tom

Thanks, Tom.

Reply to
chemqueries

Brevity. Wit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Your toilet probably joined a jogging or sprinting club and will just keep running.

Reply to
TPutmann