To the nice people in this ng

Page 5 of 5

I sleep with an electric blanket on top of me and one under me.
It creates the warmth you need in a large cold bedroom. I have kept my house at 40-50 degrees this winter to save money for my animal shelter.

I haven't got the energy to look for other prices, but might the price be higher because it is sold at officeworld. This is not their area of concentration, so people buying it here are buying sort of on impulse, and for that people usually have to pay more. I'm not saying it is not for their office, but if heaters were the first thing on a buyer's mind, he would not go to an office site.

Always the perfect answer, Ed.
Mrs. Clean

Ask your question here. I don't believe you'll find a better forum for that heater than right here. I believe the below link is the manual for the unit.
http://www.holmesproducts.com/pdfs/HFH2985.pdf
On Feb 5, 12:30 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Thanks.

The reset instructions say...
Unplug the unit for ten minutes. The unit should reset itself.
Press the mode/off switch until the unit starts
Make sure the thermostat is not set to low
On Feb 5, 1:19 pm, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Obviously, that must have what happened the first time around because after it stopped working the first time, it worked when I tested the next mornning. Then the after the second time, it didn't.
I never lived in a house before and it was easy to just call the management though things like that never happened before. I wasn't like this either though, doing things I wasn't supposed to do.
One thing about this house is that I don't think quality products are used for breakers. A freind of mine - he's an Electrical Engineer qand lives in another city as well - made that comment when the some of the outlets in the kitchen stopped working - I checked the box outside the house and reset things there to no avail. So I got someone my boss referred me to looked at it but he couldn't fix it . He gave me anme to call but the guy never calleed me back. Later, the ceiling light and the rest of outlet in the kitchen went out too. I reset the switch in the box outside the hosue but no diferrence. I was about to get an electrician from Yellow Pages when that friend visited me. When he reset the switch in the mainswitch box, everything worked including one outlet that was not working before all this.

Now that it works, this little thing might be another best investment I have ever made, like my HP laser printer bought in 1995. I was told that they don't make printer like that anymore.

"> Holmes 1 Touch portable heater, I'd appreciate it. I need to post a

use a digital multimeter to test for continuity when heater is unplugged. put the meter probes to each other to check for beep in the ohms or continuity mode. holding the probe handles, touch each probe to a plug prong. you may have to stand the heater rightside up for it to test ok when the switch is on and the thermostat is set to cal;l for heat. some devices like new window fans have a permanent safety fuse built in to the plug. this fuse is not intended to be replaced. "If your heater fails to operate: Make sure the electrical outlet or circuit breaker is working. Check for obstructions. If you find an obstruction turn the heater OFF, and UNPLUG THE UNIT. Carefully remove the obstruction and follow the reset instructions. The thermostat might be set too low. Press the MODE/OFF button until the heater restarts. Please DO NOT attempt to open or repair the heater."

Yes, I did fail to check the electrical outlet or circuit breaker.