To the nice people in this ng

So you are going to pretend like I plonked you because seomone recommended me a thermostat?

Reply to
Amanda

You didn't "plonk" me, or you would be seeing my message. Your tirade was directed at whoever it was that suggested a setback thermostat. Try to keep the messages straight, even in your state of rage.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I didn't plan on insisting he fixed it. I was just going ask to take a look and see whether it's fixable easily.

Home Depot is 5 mins w/ no highway travel from me. Whetevr he needs, we could get it.

I am a very light sleeper. And I don't fall asleep when noisy and when it's hot. This heater is not quiet as advertised. If I dozed off for a reason and get burned, I would only blame myself, not my luck.

This heater has auto shut off feature when it gets too hot.

I don't want to stay warm.

I might buy an electric throw but I am trying not to watch *any* tv anymore. Lately, if I watched any, I dozed off anyway. That's how boring everything on TV is these days.

Reply to
Amanda

Did I say the opposite?

Reply to
Amanda

Good point. I plan to use for .. say 2 mins only, placing the clothes I would wear in front of it but not too close.

Reply to
Amanda

Yup! Good knowledge is how little you know. At least I learned that, LOL! Fixing 3 year old heater by a pro? Time to replace it with new one, IMO. Heater needs air to circulate, never operate it under the blanket on bed. If you leave your bedroom door open during night, your room might be warmer.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

This person is not NICE at all, plonk as well!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Space Blankets are incredible. They have gotten me through a few camping emergency situations.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Hmmm, And Sounds like you have poor circulation problem. I mean your blood circulation. Not a good thing!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

For younger women, a series of beef injections usually helps with circulation.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I planned to.

Yes, (and for the term you used at one point) becasue, he talked like msart Alec as if he know show things work in my place.

Reply to
Amanda

Who said anything about fixing? Who said he was a pro? I said "if it waswring problem" and I said "He is an EE". Beside, there's a reason I didn't say "3 year old" heater. I said "I got it for $25 at Walmart 3 years ago. Until recently, I didn't use it much - I used to only to take the chill out of the bed sheet for like a VERY short period in winter." That menas I used it for like 2-4 mins each night and only a very short period, not the whole winter.

Yeah right. See design below

  • * *
  • * *
  • Entrance B *
  • * *
  • * *
  • * *
**** Entrance A*******************************

Entrance A = Door to room form hallway

Entrance B = Entrance to 2 basins, 2 closet, on shower room, one jacizzi.

Until a few days ago, when I got oil-filled randiant heater, I left Entrance A opened always and did nothing to Entrance B.

Reply to
Amanda

Younger as in what age range? I have been like this all my life, but was in hot and humid climate. Wearing cotton socks was enough.

If there really is such a thing, I would check into it. After realizing how unproductive I have become int he morning when trying to work in the study room ( faced away from the rising sun) after moving into this hosue, I started wearing cashmere blend leg warmer and it solved the problem. Came from another state (hot and humid) and didn't realize that leg warmer would do the trick though I did get different sweater and jackets and cashmere blend socks.

Reply to
Amanda

Oh, jees.

"JoeSpareBedroom", others. C'mon, find somewhere else to get your jollies, OK? Obviously this is someone who just needs a few questions answered. Are there no elders or others in your family needing a bit of extra help (in more ways than one)? Don't you recognize that? Is this what you do about it?

Banty

Reply to
Banty

Lots of people answered her question. Then, something else happened. Have you carefully read the progression of this discussion? ALL the messages, in date & time order?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You mean if you WANT any suggestions, you'll ask, You'll GET suggestions anytime someone feels like making one. I suggest you learn to live with it.

Reply to
Goedjn

I have. Just because someone is clearly, um, vulnerable, doesn't mean you should just jump all over that person. Not without looking like an ass, anyway.

Banty

Reply to
Banty

I hadn't -- and I thought you were out of line. Now I have, and now I think you're on the right track.

Just the same, I'm not going to volunteer to provide the needed treatments... not even with *yours*.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I would agree with that last statement. Not even with yours. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Always the perfect answer, Ed.

Mrs. Clean