Time to get car ready for winter

Time to put blankets, old coats, hats and gloves in your car in case of emergency.
The cold this year reminds me of the year my car slid off the road and was stuck for eight hours in a blizzard before someone came along and pulled me out.
Before someone came along , I started walking to a house a mile or so down the road. I had a coat but no hat or gloves, my ear was freezing from being pelted with ice and snow so I held my hand up to protect it and my hand froze. I started thinking this is the type of situation you hear about where someone starts walking in a blizzard and isn't seen again until next spring. A pickup came along and pulled me out after I got to the house and found no one was home.
I hope everyone has a safe winter this year.
Grandpa David
Add pictures here
✖

I dis-connected all the hoses from the bibs on Thursday and dared the wife to leave one hooked up until spring.
Add pictures here
✖

I probably should have done a couple of prep things today. Didn't think of it. Probably because it was 76 degrees (eastern NC, 45mi from SC). That's about to change next week though:-(
Add pictures here
✖
Very good advice! Also a cell phone and maybe even a CB, even if only a small handheld one. I would also get the most powerful spotlight I could find that will plug into a lighter socket. Shining it around in all different directions could attract someone's attention if you get stranded at night. And of course make sure and keep plenty of gas in the car. Larry
Add pictures here
✖
On Nov 15, 11:37 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Lp1331 1p1331) wrote:

Call Billy Mays. I'm sure he has long list of things that you *need* to have in the car with you this winter.
And if you order in the next 10 minutes...
Add pictures here
✖

The Mighty Survivel kit of course!
Add pictures here
✖
That sure is a graphic demonstration of how to be unprepared. I hope your future trips off the road are warmer, and more comfortable. Or, perhaps that you stay home in bad weather.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus