Time for Mr. Woodchuck to go

Page 3 of 4

If *any* round entered my property line, a lawsuit would be the least of a shooter's problems. Punishing stupidity is extremely important in terms of keeping the gene pool scrubbed.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

No "opinion" here.
The FACT is that a .22 bullet fired by me goes as far as it needs to go to hit the varmit and no farther (well, maybe a few inches if it's a skinny varmit).
As to the possibility of hitting a neighbor being a risk, it may, instead, be a virtue.

On the box, they used to say that a .22 bullet out of a rifle can travel a mile and a half.
My opinion says about a mile and a half.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

For me, about thirty feet.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Of course! Takes some planning, know your backstop, and be willing to pass up an unsafe shot.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On Apr 22, 7:02pm, "Stormin Mormon"

I agree...and only if there are no other options available.
There are plenty of options available here.
And plenty of posters who sound like they are lucky if they know which end of the gun is which.
TMT

I agree...and only if there are no other options available.
There are plenty of options available here.
And plenty of posters who sound like they are lucky if they know which end of the gun is which.
TMT ========== The discussion's still got some life left in it. It's only a matter of time before someone comes along and says a .45-70 is just the thing for handling this woodchuck.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Isn't there anything that eats woodchucks? Perhaps some weird little foreign guy? *snicker*
TDD
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 14:36:36 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

This one?!!
http://www.3rednecktenors.com/images/issue6.jpg

It's a high rise!
on 4/22/2009 8:14 AM (ET) JoeSpareBedroom wrote the following:

...or apartments.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I'm surprised nobody has brought up .22 rat shot. Close up it hits as hard as a CB cap but 30-40' away it will barely penetrate halfway through a corrugated box.

The rat shot won't do much damage to the Woodchuck at more than a few feet. Too hard to get that close to one. Even the larger shot from a 38 caliber shot shell will not be effective at more than a few feet.

Again another great white hunter who should be fed his gun.
You either do one shot, one kill or you do not use a gun.
I have a dim view of those who injure animals as an exercise of learning the capability of their firearms.
TMT
I've seen those little shells, with what looks a bit like a pill capsule for a projectile. I doubt they will do any useful damage on a woodchuck.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On Apr 22, 2:11pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So you are willing to wound an animal?
Either do one shot, one kill or do nothing.
TMT