Tiling Bathroom Floor?

I plan on rmoving the lino on my bathroom flor and replace it with ceramic tile. The question is on what to do with the toilet bowl base area. Do I cut the tile to fit the toilet bowl base or do I remove the bowl and tile it right up to the drain pipe. If I tile it to the drain pipe do I have to remove the toilet flange and tile it to the drain pipe or do I just tile it to the flange rim. Thanks.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

PapaPeng,

You should remove the toilet and tile up to the flange, re-setting the toilet upon completion. You may want to consider installing the tile over the linoleum. It's done quite often these days. Use a thinset mortar setting product that has latex additive in it.

Reply to
G Henslee