Thermostatic shower question

Let me rephrase my question:
Does anybody know how a thermostatic shower behaves in an installation where the hot water can take a couple minutes to reach full heat (because of the distance to the water heater)? Is the temperature control only an upper limit?
Thanks,
ONY
You got it, it will run cold until the hot reaches the faucet then regulate at the temp you set. Whether all the cool water is coming from the hot or cold pipe, I do not know for sure, I suspect it comes mostly from the hot pipe until it runs hot then it mixes.
It may not run at all if you turn off the hot or cold supply such that there is no pressure in one of them. Same is gererally true for pressure balanced as well