Thermostat for 2 Stage gas furnace

Page 2 of 2

What the fuck are you talking about? What "truth is missing"? I guess I better add you back to the kill filter since you are obviously an idiot.
Its a new furnace installed in August of this year (in a new to me house). The dealer installed a "programmable" stat. At the time, I had no idea I needed a two stage stat so never asked about it when he installed it. He said the furnace worked on a time delay for stage two. I happened to pull the cover off and see it has a W2 terminal so thought maybe a two-stage stat would be better. So I'm looking for opinions on it.
By the way, for guys that are going to say I hired a hack, the guy came out and measured everything and did the manual j, and their service guy brought me a written bid a few days later and explained things and gave me a chance to ask any questions. I got two other estimates, one guy quoted a similar arrangement but with Heil equipment and about $1000 higher price (I got a new air conditioner also) and arrived at the proper sizes by simply looking at the house. He wrote a bid on the spot. Other one did the estimate when I wasn't there, but I've seen their installs in other houses and they did not look good. They mailed me an estimate about 10 days later.
The Lennox guy did a nice, neat job. My only complaint would be that he didn't put in the two stage thermostat and I consider it a small complaint since I would have had to pay extra for it anyway since it wasn't in the bid (or in the bid for the Heil two stage system). The thermostat they did put in was a freebie when I mentioned that I didn't care for the Hunter stat that was there already. The one the dealer gave me is a Robertshaw, so probably not a bad one, just not really what I need or want.
I'll ignore Ransley since he thinks I'm making this all up for whatever reason.
Anybody with half a brain would just call the installer back
So how did the friendly competant Hack check out the furnace for proper operation after instal that is standard procedure. He didn`t, so you don`t know if the 2 stage valve works. I didnt pay till I saw everything function on my Lennox 2 stage Dimension.
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:29:13 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

There is a jumper on the ShurLite board for one or two stage stat. When set to one stage, it uses time to start the second stage.
You hired a hak like it or not its the wrong stat

I've got brochures and the owners manual just no installation manual, which I know I don't need, but I like to be as informed as possible about stuff I've paid a lot of money for. The furnace in my last house had both manuals in a folder sitting on the return plenum, I found lots of good info in there (how to change fan speeds, etc, that was not in the owners manual). At least there is a wiring diagram inside the blower door, but no specs for things such as the HUM and EAC terminals, which I just might want to use at some point if I add an air cleaner or humidifier.
I'll check with the dealer and see if he will get me the installation manual. I just didn't want to have him wondering why in the world I want it to begin with.
Thanks for your help.