Thermal Insulation Board

I'm insulating an internal wall. The wall is flat. I was going to use no more nails to stick the board to the wall. Will that be sufficient? Or should I erect a timber frame and nail it to that? By the way, I have had a lot of trouble trying to find insulation board. Could someone recommend a good brand, depth and supplier.
what's your climate ?
In the country just south of London. Up to minus 5-10 c, up to 90 c in summer.
Griffo wrote:

anywhere on earth, EXCEPT in the vicinty of volcanos!!!
90F yes, London UK does see 90F. Yes London UK, does see freezing temps
You cant find any foamboard, geez is Google broken again? The best is foilfaced polyisocyanurate R 7.2 per" The white is R 3, Pink or Blue board is R 5". Look at Dow, Owens Corning, John Mansville. Use construction adhesive in a caulk tube. Polyiso outgasses the least because of the foil face.