There's NO Fire !!!!!

How do you explain "close the light", often heard in some Philly neighborhoods.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

This just isn't my day. I went to the fridge to get a beer and found the fridge was running. I chased it for several miles but it got away. I finally got back home and found the toilet was running. Chased that damn thing for over an hour and got all muddy in the process, but never caught the toilet. Got back home and wanted to take a bath. Guess what, the tub was running. I let it run, the hell with it. Thank God beds dont run..... Goodnight !!!!

Reply to
maradcliff

You never burned your fingers on a HOT PEPPER? I got 3rd degree burns..... LOL.

Reply to
maradcliff

I wondered the same thing. I was at a spice shop once and they had all these bulk spices. They had Cayenne pepper and it was rated like you say. I have used the store bought variety all my life, but when I bought some of their strongest, it knocked my socks off. Damnit, now I lost my socks too...... :) I believe that Cayenne was 120,000. YIKES !!!!!!

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

"light" is still occasionally used as a synonym for "window", it was much more common in the past.

Reply to
lwasserm

wrote

A friend at a plant I worked at had a problem. There was a fridge where everyone could put their lunch. Someone was digging in the lunches, and taking sips out of other's soda bottles.

He put some Scotch Bonnet pepper around the lip of a soda bottle and put it in the fridge. Later that day, the culprit actually had blisters on his lips.

He also got a free can of Whupass.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Wow, after hearing my MIL use that term for 40 years, it finally makes some sense.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Edwin Pawlowski posted for all of us...

awwww dose dum dutchies!

Reply to
Tekkie®

I have a rotary cell phone.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

FYI: The tungsten does not burn.

It glows because it is really hot. Eventually enough of it evaporates into the gas in the bulb so that one part heats even hotter. It then melts, boils and causes a break.

RickR

Edw> >I really wish people would stop saying a light is burning.

Reply to
RickR

It can't burn with no oxygen in the bulb.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

You mean if I twisted the two pieces back together I could repair the bulb? I always wanted to do that. I spend way too much on lightbulbs each year.

Reply to
emailaddress

If you could figure a way to do that and then re-establish the vacuum, it might be possible.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

I think you can do that, but then you need to remove all the air from the bulb and seal it.

Actually, some bulbs seem to fix themselves. I've seen it occasionally, mostly in C9 holiday lights. There is life after death, at least for those light bulbs. The light will be brighter after self-repair, since the filament is shorter now and so has lower resistance (notice that it's whiter too, because of the higher temperature). It goes out again quickly. That's how I know that if one bulb in a group is brighter than the others, it's about to die again.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

My mother used to know someone who repaired light bulbs.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd