Then and now

Page 8 of 8
On 12/27/2010 3:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

No but they are still more labor intensive than many other things per cost. Granted much of that is shipping and stocking now.
I have bought quite a few Amish eggs though, and they haven't changed, maybe a bit cheaper per dozen.

I've got no complaints!
Jeff

The labor needed for either, I'm sure is a *lot* less than it was forty years ago. That said, eggs are still cheap as hell. Bread is, too, if you discount "specialty" bread (though it's all we eat - coffee is much the same).

A bit of a warped market. We have Amish furniture, which cost somewhat less than decent furniture but is heirloom quality. Again, a warp in the normal market.

I do. Starbucks tastes like crap! ;-)
Stormin Mormon wrote:

God promulgated no law against fornication; that is a later construct by the Church. You can read the entire book of Leviticus and find nary a nooky no-no.
In fact, sex was one of the three methods of entering a marriage (the other two were by contract and by carrying away).

Except if you belong to some cults and sects where it is allowed, promoted, and required for sainthood. Gods of the household may do as a god wishes.
Steve