The state of our country

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Aren't you taking this a bit far? No US citizen has been arrested without a search warrant. Nor has any US citizen been tortured. If some terrorist was using my wireless network for illegal purposes and it were uncovered, I would expect to be questioned by the FBI.
> The lack of concern for the loss of constitional protections has me

The reason is, that tracking phone calls placed by number, but not actually listening in to the conversation, which is the latest issue, has passed the constitutionality test of the US Supreme Court. I don;t think anyone thinks putting mics in houses without a warrant would.

Thats how it started in Germany in the 1930's.
Good German people acceptd the changes for the good of the people, the state, their security.
And in 1945, we blamed them for doing it.
<rj>

See alt.internet.wireless
I'd be more concerned about the 20 plus million veteran records being used for identity theft, after they were lost.

Heck they might even convict you of a felony. In that case, you still do not lose Constitutional rights, only civil rights - can't vote, own guns, etc.

The sound card in your computer can already be hacked and used as a listening device, as can your land-line phone.
Finally, any home repair questions?
Oren

When the SWAT team knocks down my door. What kind of replacement should I get??? (G).

One with a "peep" hole.
Oren