Terra cotta COLORED paint needed.

I have several of those large fake concrete pots. My wife doesn't like them, she says they look like tombstones. She wants them painted the color of terra cotta. No matter how I word a Google search, all I find is spray paints for painting terra cotta pots, not spray paints that are the color of terra cotta. Does anyone know if terra cotta colored spray paint is available??
TomKan wrote:

Who knows? The very first place I looked had something that looks pretty close to my unpracticed eye. http://www.artprimo.com/montana_spray_paint_400ml.htm
Scroll down to the one they call "Caramel". Hope this helps you.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thanks! Say hello to Charlie and Effie for me.
TomKan wrote:

Aren't thy out of the country right now? ;)
No, they're both living in Chicago. However I believe Edgar is out of the country. Way out of the country, and he's not coming back.
-> I have several of those large fake concrete pots. My wife doesn't like -> them, she says they look like tombstones. She wants them painted the -> color of terra cotta. -> No matter how I word a Google search, all I find is spray paints for -> painting terra cotta pots, not spray paints that are the color of terra -> cotta. -> Does anyone know if terra cotta colored spray paint is available?? ->
Why terra cotta? There are several decorative spray paints available for this sort of task. Is she stuck on terra cotta?
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~

A friend of mine wanted a terra cotta coloured room. She took a flower pot the colour she liked and brought it to the paint store. They used the computer colour matching system to scan the pot colour and mix the paint.
If you get desperate, you could do the same and use a power sprayer if you really don't want to brush.
Mike
TomKan wrote:

Home Depot carries a refillable sprayer - jar and cans of compressed air so's you can use your own paint. Paint store carries stuff for diluting each type of paint for the sprayer. Penetrol?, I believe, is what I used for alkyd paint when I sprayed some louvered closet doors. Worked great, but not something to use on a huge project (I did four doors and quite a few cans to get primer and two coats of paint on the doors). When it gets a little drippy, I used a sponge brush with mineral spriits to grab the drips before they set. I think an oil base paint would be better than latex, as it gives time to fix booboos. Turned out beautiful. Previous paint job had lots of drips, and the artist had painted the doors upsidedown, so's all the drips pointed up :o) I scraped and sanded lots of little spaces, but better than replacing a solid old door with elcheapo.
On concrete pots, you might do better just using a premixed acryllic from art store. Paint inside and out, dab into low spots. If really fussy about color, use a darker color first and then highlight across the surface of texture with slightly lighter color.
Yes. American Accents by Rust-o-leum. You'll find it in the spray paint section at Lowes. Rust-o-leum has a whole series of paints to make whatever your painting look like terra cotta,copper,granite,marble,sandstone,leather,pewter,ivory,the list goes on. You'll be impressed with the results. Jim