Terminology needed - cond

They did the same to me with the Direc PC internet..I disconnected it from the dish, and then slid on all the 1" elec pvc parts to bury it about a foot.. Just get the grey stuff at the box store for elec , designed to be buried.I needed some right angle radius' to turn it up and one of the flush mount boxes, plus all the straight stuff.

AustinScoobee

The 90 degree fitting is called an LB for one with the opening at the back, a LR if the opening is on the right side and a EL for a shorter version of one with opening at the back . The blue flexible plastic conduit is known as ENT and there are fittings made for use with it the however I don't know of any 90 degree fitting that can be installed with out feeding the cable through it.You might be able to cut a slot in the LB's underside for the wire to fit through. Special siding clips are made to attach the cable wire directly to most types of siding in a neat fashion they drive in and provide a tie point for small wire ties the last I bought were clear so they were not noticeable and were made by T&B Thomas and Betts. It annoys me to no end that cable companies, satellite companies and the like have abandon the telecommunications industry standard practice of running wire only with the direction of the siding and going to the corner to make the vertical part of the run. I have seen some even run diagonally over the outside of a house. I most cases there is a better way to wire but the company pays so little to the contractor who is sometimes qualified and sometimes not that you get the cheapest possible installation.

Good Luck Jay

Reply to
J.D.