tension rod shelving help

I need to build one more shelving section for my bathroom and I've found a solution that will work where I want it to go. I found this idea here:

using tension rods and shelving tracks (which I could do), but I'd like it to look more like these where the shelves are in between the tension rods:
The problem is I can't tell how they hung the shelves on the tension rods, and I've searched to see if I could find a kit that has all the parts that I could buy but no luck with that.

Does anyone have any idea on what hardware I could use to attach the shelves to the rods if I have to buy all the parts separately?

Reply to
Muggles

All the parts and pieces are at HD or Lowes for that stuff, go to the shelving department, and ask if it isn't obvious from there.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Print off those two pictures and take them with you to Home Depot. Ask them to show you those products if they stock them. Personally that stuff looks like tacky junk. Why not just buy a toilet étagère? And you get much better looking shelves than those unless you like the cheap look. Seriously, there are MUCH better options than what you've posted.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I don't need a toilet étagère. The shelf in the second photo will look nice where I want to put it.

Both photos are shelves people creatively put together for use in travel trailers. That's why they used the tension rods. It's a good idea, I think,

Reply to
Muggles

How wide and deep do these shelves need to be? Maybe I missed it, but can they be attached just to the wall and not have to have the tension poles?

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

There is no wall to attach shelves to there. There is a sink on the left with a countertop in the shape of an L, and to the right of the L is the over sized built in bath tub. I've always wanted an open shelf there to extend from the countertop to the ceiling. I'd like the shelves to be shallow, and maybe no more than 36" x 8", and accessible from the sink side and tub side. We have a nice skylight there and the sun hits that spot for a couple hours, so I'd like to put some plants there.

Reply to
Muggles