TELEVISION REPAIR?

My home recently burned and I lost everything. Because of the loss and expense of replacement I had to buy a tv from a pawn shop. It worked fine for about 2 weeks. Now the (webtv) color will just pop off. I would turn off the webtv and the tv would have color again, Without the webtv turned on the color is fine on the tv However I hooked the webtv to a 13" tv and the webtv works great. The reason I think it is the tv is because of other problems with the tv. 1( When I cut off the tv (after it has been on awhile) if I cut it right back on the picture will be scrambled. I have to cut off the tv and wait at least 10 minutes before I can cut the tv on again and get a clear picture. I have also noticed that the tv is now making a vibrating noise for a few seconds and then stops then comes again, Is this something that should be repaired or is it something expensive?I like the tv but don't want to put too much into it. Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)
I failed to mention that this tv is a 32" RCA Entertainment Series. Thank You- William (from Carolina Beach NC)
William Hufham wrote:

I doubt if you can get a technician to even look at it for less than $75 or a $100 dollars.
Bill Gill

search google for the sci.electronics.repair faq
Thank You for your reply... Yes, I bought a brand new good cable. Something I thought might be a clue is the way the tv (once on for a while) when cut off will not turn back on with a clear picture. (scrambled black and white, no color) I have to wait at least 10 minutes to cut it back on with a clear picture. Does that tell you anything? I'm feel sure that is not normal? Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)
On Apr 14, 11:44am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (William Hufham) wrote:

I understand that money is tight, but you can get a brand new 13" Color TV for under $60 (try Wal-Mart, Odd-Lot, Job-Lot, etc.) under $90 with a DVD player.
I don't think you'll get anybody to even try and repair that type of unit - in fact, you might even find a bigger one pretty cheap at a repair shop. They often has used units for sale.
Also try your local Craig's List for some bargains.
Good luck!
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Or lower, since they and others just got fined for not clearly marking the obsolete non-dtv tuner sets. After Feb next year, you can find a lot of sets out by the curb ;-)
-- larry/dallas
William Hufham wrote:

I'm sure the pawn shop from which you purchased the defective unit will cheerfully refund your money or trade the TV for one of similar or greater value. Here's the way to do it:
You: "Do you sell guns?"
Pawn shop: "Yes, we have several nice ones for sale. Are you interested in a pistol?"
You: "We'll get to that in a minute. First I want to talk to you about this shitty TV you sold me."
Do you have the webtv connected to your TV via the Video IN jack or do you connect it through the antenna connection?