TELEPHONE RINGS

Several weeks ago a hot water pipe over my utility room burst in my attic. Ever since then my telephone rings only 1 and a half rings then hangs up. On the wall in the kitchen which is next to my utillity room I have a wall phone. It' may be possible the wiring to that phone got wet. Could that cause the phone to start hanging up after the 1 and a half rings? If so how do I fix it?
Thanks,
Puzzlement
On 1/26/2016 10:00 PM, puzzlement wrote:

Check any connections for corrosion. I had a jack near the floor get wet and a couple of months later had phone problems. Disconnected it and it was OK.
The first thing an infant learns in this world, is this:
When a telephone rings, you say "HELLO".
"HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO" "HELLO"
On 1/27/16 3:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Except in Japan where he says moshi moshi;-)
--
Want to close wage gap? Step one: Change your major from Gender Studies
or Feminist Dance Therapy to Electrical Engineering.

Go out to the Dmark, unplug "the house" and plug a phone directly into the phone company side. Try it from there. That will decide if it is your wire or them. Water in the cable or jacks would cause all sorts of problems.
On 1/26/2016 10:00 PM, puzzlement wrote:

Yes, a high resistance short anywhere could be the culprit.