Teen Driver Monitoring

Hi;
My daughter will be driving soon and I want to be able to monitor her driving when I am not in the car. Some may say it is spying, but I have made my mind up and I want to do it. My daughter is all for it as well. She knows it will be in the car, and as a result, it will keep her accountable.
I am looking for a gps system that will tell me speeds and where she has driven. Most will also alert of jack rabbit starts and sudden stops along with excessive g-forces during turns (Taking turns too fast). I want all of this, but I also want a camera in the car mounted on the rear-view mirror. I want to monitor how many friends she has in the car at a given time and make sure she is focused on driving and not her friends or the radio or texting or applying make-up or what ever else kids may do while driving. I am hoping for a camera that will take a snap shot of the interior of the vehicle say every 30 seconds and upload them to a website where I can monitor from any internet connection.
If any of you are familiar with any of these teen driver monitors, I would appreciate and recommendations.
why don't you just hide in the trunk when she takes the car out. seriously, i can understand the gps but a spy cam? if you don't trust her, don't give her keys

I believe in trust...but verify. If she knows she is being monitored with video while driving, she wont be tempted if a "Friend" says "it's ok to drink one beer while you drive" or "I can drink while you drive" I hear many parents complain about kids who text while driving. How many are actually involved in trying to eliminate the behavior.
This is not just for kids. I work with a fleet of vehicles. The owner has had to put up with his drivers rear ending cars, and calls from people for his drivers driving like maniacs. He is considering putting cameras in his fleet vehicles as well. Just the knowledge that they are there and can be viewed is enough to make some drive more appropriately

There are cameras that record, but I don't know of anyh that will upload. I'm glad you are not my mother. Knowing you are watching so closely she may have an accident.

I remember the specifics, but there are two other options available to you. You can pull the computer from her car and read it. It'll tell you what she's been up to but not where. You can get replacement ones with longer memories if you need it. You can also get a replacement and drive good with it. Then slam your brakes on and come to a stop. Pull the memory module and throw it in your glove compartment. Then if you have an accident, you can swop the modules and "prove" you weren't speeding !
There is also some nanny-type app for cell phones so you know where she is. It might also track speed, but I don't know.

You're a nutcase.
Are you monitoring her bedroom too?

That's a good idea.
Red Green wrote:

(snip)
No need if you're already doing it.

Mind your own business, cameras are for creaps. A speed monitor I could understand. You need to lighten up.

Forget technology. You might be able to adapt this concept to achieve your objective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLmh5iDIhw

By the way, you're about 15 years too late to get your kid to do the right thing when you're not around to enforce the rules.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Exactly, there should be a little voice playing in the kids brain at this point that was planted early and cultured for a number of years.

It's a little late to become a "parent", now, via technology.
Had you instilled in her good defensive driving practices from her toddler years instead of getting her accustomed to enduring G forces you wouldn't have a worry about *her* driving, now, when it's *****way***** too late.
You keep that in mind if she's involved in an "accident". -----
- gpsman
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Interesting device! Could also be used to monitor the wife or as a poor-man's lojack.