Tecumseh Snowblower running to slow??

I am running an 11 horse Tecumseh engine on my blower and I notice that it is not performing as well as some of the smaller blowers in the neighborhood.

I think its being governed a little to slow. How do you adjust the governed speed?????

Thanks JF

Reply to
John Flemming

Use a tachometer first, 4 strokes sound slower than 2 stroke motors

Reply to
ransley

Being older it would be a bad idea to bypass the governor unless you want to put the piston out the top of the head. Also, over revving an old long stroke causes the piston to tilt and making your cylinder bore egg shaped. Try changing the gear ratio by putting a larger pulley off the engine or a smaller one on the blower. Of course you may loose torque doing this. Check your manual and verify the full speed RPM's are correct. If they are indeed under, then speed it up to specs.

Reply to
"Blattus Slafaly £ ¥ 0/00 :)

When it gets to slow, let us know.

Reply to