Tatami Mats

I have 8 tsubo [mats] in my bedroom. At least 10 years old. They should be recovered but I can find no one here in Hawaii with the necessary skills/equipment/interest.
The straw is in great shape, just faded.
They can, of course, be replaced at considerable expense.
Does anyone know if I might "restore" the straw with an application of linseed oil or other substance?
Thanks for any direction.
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.