Take out the pool

Any ideas on how much would it cost to completely take out a pool? I think it is about 6' deep and measures 10' X 12'. We would like to take it out, sell the equipment and replace it with landscaped back yard.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
JS

I would say it depends on your locale. We took out a pool four years ago. Couldn't just break the top of the walls and fill it in. Had to remove EVERYTHING. Had to have compaction of fill soil documented after every foot of fill. A lot of hooey just to fill up a hole, and a lot of money went into that hole. $8,000 to be exact. But the area was then built over, so it may have been very different than just putting grass over it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

a neighbor didnt 'ask' anyone, he just filled it in with soil Voila! YMMV

Reply to
Rudy

Don't know about where you are, but here in northern Califorlornia I think it is illegal to fill in a pool.

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

yellow pages. pool company section. call a few and ask.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

"Rudy" wrote

Bet that's one soggy area since no drainage. No doubt illegal. Come disclosure time if/when they sell, they will have a problem.

Reply to
Ned

They already sold it..years back. A year or so later, I happened to be talking to the 'new' neighbor out in his backyard and said: Do you know theres a swimming pool buried here ?"

He had the lawn and soil removed and the pool refurbished. They swim in it now.

This is in Canada where there is a whole lot less of "Gee, WHO can I sue?" going on.

Rudy

The rule of thumb, at least in the Chicago burbs, is that it costs half as much to get rid of a pool as to put a new one in. You will probably pay around $5k.

Reply to
Dan J.S.