DC area - company to avoid

All,

Please avoid ARS John C. Dorsey at all costs. Their service is abysmal, their staff inattentive, and procedures ridiculously long.

That said, anybody know of a DC area company that can do a central AC installation on short notice?

Reply to
Dan Shulman

it is the busy season ya know... did they ever actually lie and make a date and not show up? or are you just unhappy because they wont push you to the top of the list....

randy

Reply to
xrongor

Gee what an ass, slam someone for being succesfull , and busy and most likely honest . I know a few guys that will put it in today, But you can find them real quick. At 8 am go to your local all day tavern an yell out you want an AC instaled and will pay cash. Im waiting 2 months for my installer because I KNOW he is good and it is no emergency. Now Im sure you will post on how he hurt your feelings are and all and they are jerks, but I get the real picture, They are busy cause they are good, or they dont want you cause youre a jerk, And after Slamming them Id say your a jerk.

Reply to
m Ransley

Humm..its busy season, and you want personal, hold you by the hand service...or what? Whats is a long procedure? You mean manual J or D or both?

LOL!!!! Short notice for a decent company on the east coast now, after the last two weeks of weather would be...sometime in the next 3 weeks..... Just had 3 people call, in a row, wanted units installed TODAY, after we had given estimates a month ago... They will get them...but not today....or tomorrow....maybe...just MAYBE in a week or two..

Reply to
CBHVAC

I was awakened the other night around 11:30 pm by guys working on my neighbor's AC compressor. They must've been there close to 2 hours. Whatever home project he's got going, my neighbor always goes ultra-cheap, takes low bidder and then still grinds them down. I felt bad for those 2 guys...I hope they charged him triple time. This is in Houston so y'know all the AC guys are really hopping at this time of year.

Reply to
flyer

Isn't internet great? Not only can you be anyone you like on the internet, you can slander whomever you want without any consequences. I often wonder would we say the same thing to someone face to face the stuff we typed on the keyboard.

Reply to
Yaofeng

yes and ARS could bring suit for slander with his post, and possibly win.

Reply to
m Ransley

m Ransley spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

Not to pick nits, but it's libel (written word) and easier to prove...just look at google. :)

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

A few years ago Dorsey replaced my furnace--middle of winter, I needed a furnace working immediately--within a day. Sure, I paid more than I would have if I'd planned ahead and shopped around, but the service was prompt and courteous. And, I've gotten better at scheduling preventative maintenance/replacement.

Reply to
JA

"JA" wrote

maintenance/replacement.

When I was doing commercial work in DC, I used to see a lot of the Dorsey guys in the supply house. Never heard anything bad about them.

Maybe the OP could call Tom Warner "SUPER PLUMMER"!!!!

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Yes. Only in America.

Reply to
Yaofeng

Right Yaofeng, in many countries they just put you in jail. Or you dissapear, If its Government related. Slander, Liable, Any country with a real legal system has adopted similar laws.

Reply to
m Ransley

My original complaint was that their "service [was] abysmal, their staff inattentive, and procedures ridiculously long"

So, in response to the posts about me- -Am I a jerk for complaining about poor service and warning others of the problem? Perhaps, but it has been poor service [see facts below].

-Libel/Slander - in either case, truth is an absolute defense, and in light of my original complaint and the facts [see below], I'd say truth is on my side.

-I made the same complaints to their general manager (in much stronger language), telling them that I thought they were inept, that they offered poor service, and that I was a dissatisfied customer.

-I am most certainly not hiding my name and email (unlike those who insult anonymously), if someone has a beef with me, by all means flame away, I believe I'm right.

The lesson I've learned is that you have to stay on top of contractors to get anything done on time. I started the process in the Spring, BEFORE they were busy. The worst part is, that given the season, I clearly have no choice but to stay with them and accept it.

The facts:

-cost estimate given end of march;

-calls made to company to accept offer and begin process mid-April, original p.o.c. had left the company;

-contract signed/measurements taken for Manual J at the end of April, with

6-8 weeks to installation given as timeframe;

-DC permit approved approx 6 weeks later;

-no notice given that install date would be delayed until >9< weeks after contract signed and THEN installation was moved back a month (August);

-throughout this whole process, I never ONCE received a call from them on a status of the project that was not initiated by me calling them first;

-process delayed because, and these are their admissions: -staff turnover with no transition (i.e. my original p.o.c. left and his files not picked up) -DC permit (that was already approved) lost in the office -client manager unable to contact work-team scheduler -job not scheduled until after my repeated calls (after the original 8 weeks had passed)

Reply to
Dan Shulman

"Dan Shulman" wrote

Well, SHEEEEYAT!!!

I'd hop in the truck and come right over and blow you just to make you happy, and then GIVE you the whole install job for FREE!!!!

Where ARE customers like you when Ineed them???

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

You probably got a cheap price or you would have moved to the next contractor or as you say you gave them an earfull and they will make you sweat . I got a good price from a good instaler and im waiting since april to, I dont mind my stuff works. I know he has bigger buck jobs, He bid me when he was slow. But telling everyone to not use him, well no wonder you are waiting, and will be for AC till it cools off. Get someone else and hope they havnt read your post. Yep truth is a defence, tell the judge, what about that 5000 lawyer bill, Is truth gonna pay that to.

Reply to
m Ransley

Dan Shulman spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in

If you're that unhappy with them, why not demand any deposit back and start over with someone else?

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck_n0i

As much as I loathe the ambulance chasers and will avoid them at all cost, I have to admit we are not settling disputes by guns and knives like many other places, partly because of them, in addition to the things you mentioned.

Reply to
Yaofeng