Sweating 1/2" Stubout In Brass Hanger

I had to reroute a stubout through a wall as it did not correspond to a new cabinet on the other side! I hung it in the wall through a brass hanger screwed to a strap. I did not sweat the pipe to the hanger. I noticed some minor movement through the hanger. probably no big deal. I tried to tack some solder in the joint without flux, no luck! So I just swiped some flux around the perimeter of that joint and got a small amount of solder in there, or at least melted around there, with a glob hanging from the pipe! It is holding. Is that sufficient? I don't want to have to go to the trouble of taking the assembly apart just to sweat the pipe inside of the hanger.

I would just epoxy the thing together. Make sure the surhaces are clean of flux etc. and use a litle JB Weld.
Charlie
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 15:52:30 +0000, Michael Roback wrote:

My advise... Sooner it's fixed properly, sooner it can be forgotten about.
Carolyn
"Michael Roback"
What the hell are you talking about? It's a "pipe hanger," not a "pipe sweat joint holder together thingy." The pipe just hangs on it.
I noticed a couple of responses from "DIYer" groups. It just reinforces their reputation for being fountains of unfounded opinions. I even saw that a woman offered advice! It's time to wake up pal.
you are a total dipshit, must be a troll

"Ned Flanders"

Well, yeah, but at least I'm not one of those "DIYers."
not you grooms , roback