Stuck windows

I bought a building and on floor there is 11 windows, all single pane,they are all painted shut!!!!! How can i get them unstuck..I have dug at them with a utility knife and no way can not get them to move

thanks in advance Jim

Reply to
Jim

putty knife, not utility knife.

Tap a putty knife into the joints with paint. It can be real hard to unstick windows.

Reply to
donald girod

Hi, at the paint store you can buy a tool called a "window zipper". It is used to saw out the paint between the parting bead, etc., of wooden windows. Don't know how well it works on aluminium or vinyl tracks. Casey

Reply to
*Casey*

Use a 1" putty knife. Holding the blade against the window so it flexes flat against the window "face", tap the edge of the blade with a hammer so that it slices through the paint and into the gap between the window and the frame. Once it reaches into the gap, turn the blade so that you can continue tapping it along the whole window side. It should extend only about 1/4" into the gap so that it doesn't cut into the wood. They greatest potential for damage is while getting the blade into the gap the first time.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Depends on the design of the window. If they are sliding windows, it works well to take them apart.

Reply to
peter