stuck washer on toilet

The plastic washer on the outside bottom of the tank for the flapper unit is stuck or glued on.. How do get if off ?

Reply to
Lynettel

Are you sure it's a washer and not part of the flush valve?

Reply to
Flatus Johnson

It is the flapper unit that goes thru the tank, the threaded LOCK NUT (sorry) not a washer that is on the our side of the bottom of the tank.

Reply to
Lynettel via HomeKB.com

As others have said. Tap it lightly with a hammer and punch in the correct direction to loosen it. If the assembly inside moves while tapping then jam something against it so that it can not move.

If nothing else take a Dremel and cut the nut away as long as you can get the replacement parts needed.

Reply to
tnom

I already have the parts, I just can't get the Lock Nut off, I will give the hammer a try.

Reply to
Lynettel via HomeKB.com

YEA ! Tapping a large screwdriver with a hammer worked, Looks like there was yellow wax on the threads. Thanks !!!!!

Reply to
Lynettel via HomeKB.com

You know that's not "yellow wax" ...........

Reply to
Flatus Johnson

Right, it was a rubberband type thing ???

Reply to
Lynettel via HomeKB.com