stripped insulation on neutral, how to repair

While pulling a 14-2 wire out of the wall, I stripped a small segment (1mm or so) of insulation from the while cable. I understand that the best repair is to replace the wire. But then I have to take out the drywall to do that.

I remember that some one mentioned that there is some kind of tape that will melt after wraping it on the wire and heat it. I went to Home Depot, and could not find it. In stead the sales person suggested to use the white electrical tape to wrap the exposed part of the neutral wire.

Is that a safe repair? If not, what is a good method to repair, and where I can find the parts? The part of the damaged wire is behind a rangehood.

Thanks.

Y.

Reply to
some user

heat shrink tubing. try radio shack, although i think i've seen it in home depot. try to find someone older than 17 to show you.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Reply to
Joe Fabeitz