just a follow up

Just wanted to let you know about insulating a toilet tank. Last post around a month ago.Finally found some foam at HD. It's used as a barrier between the foundation and sill plate of a house. Comes in 3 1/2, 5 1/2 and

7 1/2 inch widths on a roll that's 50 ft long. 5 1/2 inches fits just about perfect on the bottom of a toilet tank without much trimming. I realize 50 ft is a lot but the entire roll was only $5. Tried to adhere it with some adhesive that came in a tube like silicone caulk but it didn't hold at all. Had to take it apart again and use silicone caulk this time and worked perfectly.
Reply to
slushfund

Saw a kit at Lowes. 5 precut styrofoam pieces with adhesive in a clear plastic bag. In the aisle with the toilet tank repair parts.

Reply to
willshak

HD had the same kit. When I got it home the pieces were nowhere near the same as what I needed, particularly the bottom piece with the cutouts already for the flapper valve and the fluidmaster inlet valve. I hate working with that white styrofoam shit anyways. It always seems to want to break off some little white pieces that you can never seem to get rid of. That's why I opted for this very bendable and tough foam. It's about an 1/8 inch thick and like I said comes in various widths. It is pink but ain't nobody gonna see it in my toilet. I tried the stryrofoam but the spray adhesive I used just seemed to eat the syrofoam up. It got real soft, real quick.

Reply to
slushfund