Tudor Construction?

I need to run a vent through the wall of a Tudor house (double wall construction). The hole will be through the batons, which is below the first floor ceiling, but above the outside brick. I have a choice of two inside stud cavities. Cavity #1 has two wires running through the top plate and cavity #2 has a stud running through the outside wall, which sits on the bricks. Does this outide wall actually support the second floor/roof or is it only there for nailing the fibre board. In other words, can I cut off this stud?

Reply to
Bill Stock

A diagram somewhere would be helpful. Can you box around the stud that you want to cut off, as if you were framing in a window?

--Goedn

Reply to
default

Thanks,

Fortunately, the studs were only 9" tall (24" o.c.). I discovered this while feeling around a bit more. The sole purpose of this little box must be to give a nailing surface for the batons. I just knocked one out (Cavity #2) and moved it over a few inches just in case.

Reply to
Bill Stock