String Trimmer Batteries

My wife gave me a Torx string (grass) trimmer, as a present. It came with two, 20 volt battery packs. I now know that I can edge my house several times. with but one charged battery.
I know that rechargeable batteries have a limited life - attributable to the number of recharges and years of use. As I will never need to ever use two packs, what should I do with the likely unused 2nd pack? I am inclined to leave it uncharged, for _?_ years, until the initial pack loses the capacity to edge my house.
Would storing that spare battery, in a "hermetically" sealed package in our refrigerator (or freezer) be a preferred storage option?
Is rthere a different stategy, for the unused pack, that would be more appropriate? I know that replacement battery packs are $$ expensive.
On 5/30/2015 6:44 PM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

I suppose it would be dependent upon the type battery, NiMH, Li-Ion, Ni-Cad but I wound up with a surplus of Li-Ion batteries for my Bosch cordless tools. I charged them up and placed them in individual Zip-Loc bags and stashed them in the garage refrigerator.
Time (and comments) from others here will tell me whether that was the thing to do<g>
snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

alternatively. I fully charge them before storing in winter. They sell rebuild kit for this battery pack on eBay I noticed.

Swap em would be my first guess too. I really don't know. It is the same thing with cell phones. I don't use my cellphone much for talking, but you still have to keep it charged.
What do you do? Leave it off the charger for a few days or plug it in with a 90% charge every day.
Seymore4Head wrote:

I recharge cell phone when low battery warning beeps.
On Sat, 30 May 2015 20:43:58 -0400, Seymore4Head

Same problem with laptops. I only use the laptop when I go out of town, and I don't do that much.
I'm told Li laptop batteries run down even when taken out of the battery.
Not only that, I'd like a new battery before I take a 3 month trip, but if I buy it now, it will be old by the time I leave. If I wait until just before I leave, they may not sell them anymore, or it will be old anyhow because they made it last year.

I'm told Li laptop batteries run down even when taken out of the COMPUTER.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Also:
(Though IMO interesting since most of us have phones, I'm not sure how much it applies to trimmers.)
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/8-essential-tips-to-keep-your-phones-battery-healthy/ar-BBkmGl9

I have an app for my cell phone so I can do weedwacking.
On 5/31/2015 7:44 PM, micky wrote:

I got the PC version, though it really eats up mouse, with the mouse cord going around at several hundred RPM to get the weeds. I don't have the bump feed drivers for my PC weed whacker, yet.